10 steps to the perfect filet of Skin-on Cod
1. First, go out and catch a beautiful Newfoundland & Labrador codfish….
2. Filet the fish, leaving the skin on the filet
3. Before cooking lay skin side down on a towel to remove moisture and temper (room temperature)
4. Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat… add vegetable oil.
5. Season cod with salt
6. Lay fish skin side down on pan and cook without touching the fish for 3-4 minutes
7. Add butter to pan with fresh thyme and baste the filet with the melted butter until it starts to flake.
8. Flip filet to skin side up for a minute to “kiss the flesh” side. Continue to baste…
9. Remove from pan, blot on towel to remove excess oil.
10. Plate and enjoy…