1. Soaring Spirit Heli Yoga: For nature lovers and those who like their down-time with a little twist
Fly up into the Canadian Rockies (private instructor in-tow) for the most invigorating yoga lesson you’ve ever had. Downward-dog against a backdrop of towering peaks, where inhaling and exhaling has never felt fresher. With jaw-dropping panoramic views and a stunning mountain setting, this certainly beats the community centre.
2. Iceberg Viewing: For a close-up look at Canada’s frozen ice valleys
Take a sea kayak out for a spin off the coast of Newfoundland and paddle amongst 10,000 year old ice giants. Floating atop clear azure waters, this makes for the ultimate adventure playground.
3. Grizzly Bear Viewing at Knight Inlet Lodge
This intimate 12 cabin lodge is built for comfort and cosiness, a place to rest and refuel after a day of adventure. Tucked into Glendale Cove and home to the largest concentration of Grizzly Bears in British Columbia, you’ll have the opportunity to watch them in their natural habitat grazing in the grass or catching a bite to eat from the nearby river
4. Snorkelling with Beluga Whales
In Churchill, Manitoba, take to the waters and swim with beluga whales for an up close and personal view of these gentle giants with the help of an experienced guide to hand.
5. Flightseeing tours over Kluane National Park: For an aerial view that’s hard to beat
By far the best way to view the varied landscapes of this vast National Park, a flightseeing tour will whisk you high up into the sky to see the sprawling icefields and towering Mount Logan from the comfort of your private helicopter.
6. The Calgary Stampede: For those who like to line-dance with the locals
Grab your western gear and get yourself down to Calgary for the world’s largest outdoor rodeo. Expect bullriding, chuckwagon racing and steer wrestling, amongst other cowboy themed activities.
7. Kayaking with Killer Whales: For an up close and personal orca experience
During salmon season, the west coast of Canada is awash with killer whales hoping to pick off a few tasty treats. Hop in a kayak for what is likely to be the closest you’ll ever get to these incredible creatures.
8. Cycling Cape Breton Island: For an action-packed two wheel trip
With a landscape not unlike the Scottish Highlands, Cape Breton Island offers all types of terrain from gently rolling hills to rocky coastal trails and steep mountain pathways. Coupled with the area’s abundant wildlife, this is a great place to jump on board a bicycle and explore the scenery at your own pace.
9. Aurora Tours
Catch a glimpse of the spectacular northern lights on an exclusive sight-seeing tour that boasts a high rate of success. It’s a breathtaking, once in the lifetime opportunity and whilst you’re in the northern hemisphere, you’d be silly not to try to see it.
10. Lobster hauling with the locals: For those who like to catch their own dinner
Strap on your gloves and join the crew out on the high seas for an authentic lobster hauling experience. Learn how to catch and prepare the lobsters before heading back to shore and cooking up a feast.