THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRIES. WINNERS ANNOUNCED MONDAY 22ND JULY 2013.
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…”
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities, Book 1, Chapter 1.
Some memories last a lifetime. When it comes to travel, it’s the best of times and the worst of times that stick with us forever. Often it’s the journey between destinations that gives rise to the stories we dine out on for years after the event. And we have prizes for the best of the bunch.
The Blogger’s Competition
Our competition is called Tales of Two Cities. We would like your readers and loyal followers to submit 500-1000 words about their most memorable journey between two destinations. Entries can be as abstract or as literal as people wish – we are looking for the most interesting submissions which we may then feature on our own news blog.
What’s in it for you?
In true Black Tomato style, we are offering luxury trips to the best entries as well as to the bloggers who refer that writer to us. As a blogger, you’re in with a chance to win a weekend break at Edinburgh’s luxury boutique hotel Nira Caledonia. This elegant hotel, located in a protected Grade A building in the Edinburgh’s New Town area, offers style and tranquillity just a stone’s throw from the capital’s vibrant city centre. Win a 2 night stay in the hotel’s luxurious suite, including full Scottish breakfasts and a 3 course evening meal for you plus a lucky guest. It’s a prize worth winning, and every time we receive an entry from one of your readers, you’re in with another chance to win it. So keep those entries coming. You can even enter a tale yourself.
As well as that, your winning blog reader will win a weekend for two at the luxury Le Royal Monceau Hotel in Paris. Quite the perk for your loyal blog reader. And as a tailor made travel company that loves finding out what inspires us all to travel, we’ll also take the winning tale and turn it into a Black Tomato trip so others can experience the winner’s journey.
Entries will be judged by the Black Tomato editorial team with the following prizes up for grabs:
- Best story – weekend for 2 at Le Royal Monceau Paris (2 nights in a studio room, breakfast buffet and a 3 course meal at La Cuisine restaurant)
- Runner up story – Panasonic Lumix LZ20 Bridge digital camera
- Referring blogger – the blogger who refers our top pick will be treated to a weekend for 2 at Nira Caledonia in Edinburgh (2 nights in a suite, Scottish breakfast and a 3 course dinner for 2)
How To Enter
There are a number of ways for your readers to enter and you are free to choose which method you tell your readers. Please make sure readers always specify which blog they heard about the competition from though – just to make sure you’re in with the greatest possible chance of winning your weekend away. Readers can enter the competition in the following ways:
- Fill out our simple online form by following this link
- Send us an email to [email protected] with the travel story, contact details and name of the referring blog
- Send us a facebook message on the Black Tomato page with their travel story, contact details and name of the referring blog
- Alternatively, you can collate all entries yourself and send them over to us at [email protected]
The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 14th July and full competition terms and conditions can be found here.