This delicious smokey scented puree is the ultimate addition to any Jordanian feast.
1 medium aubergine
1 green pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
Juice of 1½ lemons
1 tomato, diced
Salt, to season
- Roast the aubergine either in a hot oven or on a hob, for a smokier taste, until the skin is crispy and the flesh inside is tender and cooked.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and slowly peel with your hands or a knife.
- Cut the flesh into a grid-like shape, add the lemon juice, tomato, onion and pepper. Mix well.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt or more lemon juice to your liking.
- Spread on a plate and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Serve with some warm pita bread – bliss.