Quick, easy and the perfect garnish to any Jordanian meal.
3 ripe tomatoes
½ bunch mint
2 spring onions
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp sumac
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
- Dice the tomatoes into ½ cm pieces.
- Cut the cucumbers, parsley and mint into similarly sized pieces, roughly ½ cm as well.
- Finely chop the spring onions and mix with the sumac and salt, followed by the lemon juice and olive oil to take the bitterness from the onions.
- Add everything else and toss well to dress everything.
- Taste for seasoning and serve, preferably with some delicious ma’aloubeh.